Chicken, haskap (honeyberry) and lemon salad in a jar
The perfect salad for outdoor activities like picnics as well as lunch boxes.
- Serving: 1
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: none
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 pinches garlic powder
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped red onion
- 100 g cooked chicken, cold and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh Les Artisans des saveurs haskaps (honeyberries)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) pecans
- 1 cup (250 ml) arugula, packed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh tarragon
- Pour all dressing ingredients into a 750-ml Mason-style jar. Stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in order as listed. Replace lid on jar, and refrigerate.
Note: The salad will keep well in the refrigerator for three days.
Recipe and photo: Julie DesGroseilliers