Recipes / Word of Julie
Haskap (honeyberry), red wine and thyme sauce
Entrees & Accompaniments
This sauce covers all the bases since it’s suitable for poultry, red meat and even salmon.
- Yield: 1 1/3 cup (310 ml)
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salted butter
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) red wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) beef bouillon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh Les Artisans des saveurs haskaps (honeyberries)
- Ground pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, heat butter on medium-high, and brown shallot 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Add wine and bouillon, then bring to a boil on high. Allow to boil a few minutes until liquid is reduced by a third.
- Add maple syrup, Dijon mustard, thyme and diluted cornstarch; stir well.
- Add haskaps and pepper to taste, and mix until sauce thickens.
- Remove thyme sprig from sauce, and serve as desired.