Recipes / Word of Julie
Candied duck, honeyberry and goat cheese baguette to share
Entrees & Accompaniments
A sandwich that’s easy-to-serve and share with friends by the pool
- Servings: 4 to 8
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 10 minutes
- 1½ cups (375 ml) Les Artisans des saveurs haskaps (honeyberries)
- 1 baguette, sliced in half, brushed with olive oil
- 2 cups (500 ml) pulled candied duck leg (about 240 g)
- 1/3 lb (150 g) crumbled goat cheese
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 ml) arugula
- 1/3 cup (75ml) roasted pine nuts
- Honey, to taste
- Balsamic vinegar cream (glaze), to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Pour 1 cup (250 ml) of haskaps (honeyberries) into the blender, and reduce to a coulis.
- Brush coulis on baguette, then arrange duck and goat cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, including 1/2 cup (125 ml) of haskaps. Serve.
Recipe and photo: Julie DesGroseilliers