Orange, honeyberry and white chocolate bread
Breakfasts & Snacks
- Servings: 12 slices
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 65 minutes
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain 0% Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of two oranges (about 150 ml of juice)
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) sa
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) ground cardamom
- 2 cups (500 ml) unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) fresh haskap (honeyberry)
- Melted white chocolate, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, orange zest and juice, egg, brown sugar, ground flax seeds, salt and cardamom. Mix together well.
- Add flour and baking powder, and mix. Stir in honeyberry and mix carefully. Pour into a 1.5-L bread pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool before unmolding.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate, to taste
Recipe and photo: Julie DesGroseilliers, nutritionist