Haskap cream filled chocolate fondant
Breakfasts & Snacks
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 9 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) powdered sugar
- 7 oz (210 g) 70% chocolate, crushed or in chips
- 1/4 lb (125 g) salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) four-spice powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unbleached white flour
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) frozen haskaps, thawed
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- In a bowl, vigorously whisk eggs. Add sugar and whisk again. Set aside.
- Heat chocolate in microwave for 60 seconds. Stir and continue heating for 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted. Add butter and stir until melted.
- Add in egg mixture, then stir again. Then, gradually incorporate four-spice powder and flour.
- Divide mixture into 6 ramekins, previously buttered and floured, and inserting haskaps into the centre of each.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 1 minute. Serve directly in ramekins or unmould onto a plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.