Recipes / Word of Julie
Blue Honeyberry and Chia Seed Jam
Breakfasts & Snacks
Enjoy it on your morning toast, to sweeten your oatmeal or yogurt… or simply have a spoonful! This jam is also a sweet temptation served with cheese.
- Makes about 250 ml (1 cup)
- Preparation : 5 minutes
- Cooking : 10 minutes
- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh blue honeyberries
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) chia seeds
- In a medium-sized pot, over high heat, combine the blue honeyberries and maple syrup. Stirring constantly and, from time to time, lightly crushing the blue honeysuckle berries in order to extract a little juice, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Incorporate the chia seeds and simmer 3 to 5 more minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour into a small food processor and blend until desired texture is achieved. You can also use a mixing arm.
- Preserve the jam in a glass jar (Mason-style jar) in the refrigerator.